The Site makes available information relating to hotels owned or managed by Claridges Hotel Private Limited, a company constituted under the laws of India, and its subsidiaries, controlled entities, affiliates.
The Site contains “The Claridges Hotels & Resorts” trade and service marks and devices (including the word “The Claridges”) and other valuable trade or service marks owned by Claridges Hotel Private Limited to distinguish its services and products. These trade and service marks and related intellectual property are protected from copying and simulation under national and international laws and may not be reproduced or copied without the express prior written consent of Claridges Hotel Private Limited.
Without limitation, non-relevant parties must not use any of the said trade or service marks:
- In or as the whole or part of your own trademarks;
- In connection with activities, products or services which are not undertaken or provided by The Claridges Hotels & Resorts.
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or
- in a manner that disparages The Claridges Hotels & Resorts brand or its information, products or services(including this Site).
The information, text, graphics, images, sounds, links and all other information and software published or otherwise contained in the Site (“Information”) are either owned exclusively by The Claridges Hotels & Resorts or licensed by The Claridges Hotels & Resorts and except as specifically provided in these conditions may not be copied, distributed, displayed, reproduced or transmitted, in any form or by any means whether electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written approval of The Claridges Hotels &Resorts. Without limitation you may not, without such approval fromThe Claridges Hotels & Resorts create derivative works from any part of the Site or commercialise any Information, products or services obtained from any part of the Site. Information procured from a third party may be the subject of copyright owned by that third party.
The purpose of this policy is to highlight various obligations, best practices including any data for visiting website, bookings, reservations etc.or receiving marketing communications you may provide and tools that support in compliance with data privacy regulations applicable to the Claridges Hotels & Resorts in its role as both data controller as well as data processor.
Collection of Your Information
The Claridges Hotels & Resorts collects, processes, and retains information about you when you visit our website www.claridges.com or stay in one of our hotels or avail any of the other services provided by The Claridges Hotels &Resorts.You may choose to provide us with information, such as your name, family name, email address, Company information, street address, telephone number, other contact and demographic information while inquiring about the availability or rate when you make a reservation, purchase a gift card, booking, subscribe to The Claridges Hotels& Resorts newsletter or obtain web exclusive rates on our website www.claridges.com.
Moreover, you may choose to provide your personal information in connection with sending an e-mail or message, logging complaints, promotional offers and when you use our service.
Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
Your name, surname and physical address, email addresses, and telephone numbers
Behavioural or demographic attributes, when tied to personal identifiers
Credit card or debit card or any other prepaid card number (since we do not use any prepaid card we may remove)
How we Use Your Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To develop, customise and improve the services: We shall process your personal information, preferences, user characteristics and usage patterns, and feedback to develop, customise and improve the services.If you refuse consent for processing your personal information for the mentioned purposes, in this sub-section, you will not be significantly hindered in your use of the service. However, you may be restricted, blocked, limit in some of the web pages which are accessible subject to providing consent.
- Marketing purposes to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you.
- To process your personal information necessary for compliance with a legal obligation: In order to prevent or investigate actual or suspected fraud, hacking, infringement, or other misconduct involving our services or website. Additionally, if we are required by law to disclose your information to any government authority, you consent to the provision of such information.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to the services provided byTHE CLARIDGES HOTELS & RESORTS.
- Select Content, Improve Quality and Facilitate Use of the other interface channels:The Claridges Hotels & Resorts may use your Personal Information to help create and personalise content on our channels, facilitate your use of the Channels (for example, to facilitate navigation and the login process), avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security, improve quality, track campaign and survey responsiveness and evaluate page response rates.
- Obtain Third Party Services: We also share Personal Information and Other Information with third parties who provide services to The Claridges Hotels & Resorts website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, marketing and campaign, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar services. When THE CLARIDGES HOTELS & RESORTS shares Personal Information with third party service providers, we would try to ensure that they use your Personal Information and other information only for the purpose of providing services to us and subject to terms consistent with this Policy.
Fariness and Purpose
The Claridges Hotels & Resortswill collect adequate, relevant and necessary Personal Information, and will processsuch information fairly and lawfully for the purpose it is collected. The purpose of collection will be specified notlater than at the time of data collection, or on each occasion of change of purpose
Accuracy of Information
The information held by The Claridges, Hotels on www.claridges.com or in our other systems collected by other means at the time of registration shall be checked and from time to time we may change the information requested upon registration or with respect to certain features or service.
The Claridges Hotels & Resorts may disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes;
- to enforce our terms and conditions; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may share information with governmental agencies or other Companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when:
- permitted or required by law; or,
- trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or,
- investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
The Claridges Hotels & Resorts provides a global service. Sharing information cross border is essential to theServices so that you receive the same high quality service wherever you are in the world. As a result, we may, subject to applicable law, transfer Personal and Other Information collected in connection with the Services, to these entities in countries where information protection standards may differ from those in the country where you reside.By making a reservation, staying at The Claridges Hotels & Resorts property(s) or using any The Claridges Hotels & Resorts-branded service, you understand that we may transfer your personal information globally.
In most cases, the information you provide is added to The Claridges, Hotels local or global database. In the course of processing your information, it may be necessary to transfer your personal data to T’s affiliates, and/or third party service providers located in India and throughout the world for the purposes outlined within this PrivacyStatement.
Cross-border Data Transfers
When conducting business, working on Company projects, or implementing new processes or systems, anoperation may require the transfer of personal information to other entities or third parties that are located outsideof the Claridges, Hotels operation’s country of business. While permissible data transfer mechanisms are defined byapplicable law or regulation, examples include:
- a data transfer agreement with the party who will access or obtain the personal information;
- notice to and/or approval from a country’s local data protection authority; or
- notice to and/or consent from the individual whose data is to be transferred.
The Claridges Hotels & Resortsis committed to protecting your and your family’s personal information when youare using “www.claridges.com”. We want our services to be safe and secure for our users.
Consent is often referred to as an individual’s choice to “opt-in” or “opt-out” of The Claridges Hotels & Resorts use of personal information and is usually obtained by a “check box” or signature confirming the individual understands and agrees to the processing of their personal information. At times, express written consent from the individual may be required based on the information processing activity. The Claridges Hotels & Resorts receives consent from individuals prior to:
- collecting, using, or processing their personal information, including sensitive personal information, in certain ways or sharing the individual’s personal information with any third party. Sensitive personal data is data revealing an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning sex life or sexual orientation;
- transferring the individual’s personal information outside of the individual’s country of residence
- using or placing web cookies on an individual’s computer or other electronic devices.
Withdrawing consent and restriction of processing
You may withdraw consent to personal data processing or you may review, update, correct or delete your personal information collected through the website or service by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For users below the age of 16, the consent should be provided by the holder of parental responsibility of the child.
This notice applies to all The Claridges Hotels & Resorts personnel, operating units, and wholly owned subsidiaries worldwide.
Control of your information
The Claridges, Hotels also provides individuals with the right to control their personal information, which includes the right to access, modify, erase, restrict, transmit, or object to certain uses of their information.
You may request to review, correct, update, suppress or object to the use or processing of your personal information that you have previously provided to us while making a reservation through www.claridges.com or during the stay at one of our hotels or by availing any of the other services provided by The Claridges, Hotels. You may review, update, correct or delete your Personal Information collected through the website or service by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
If you have questions about your account or are having trouble accessing your account, you can get answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or request help with your account. If you have privacy concerns regarding access to or the correction of your Personal Information, please contact us at privacy contact information mentioned within Section 12 “Privacy Contact Information” of this policy.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information thatyou have provided to us.
While the majority of questions and issues related to access or requests can be handled quickly, complex requests may take more research and time. In such cases, issues will be addressed, or you will be contactedregarding the nature of the problem and appropriate next steps, within 30 days.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or reservation, or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase, reservation, or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain information to which we are unable to enable you to review, for legal, security, or other reasons.
The Claridges Hotels & Resorts may transfer your information from “www.claridges.com” to other HR systems and store it on The Claridges Hotels & Resorts or other supplier systems
Committment to Data Security
Your Personally Identifiable Information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, business partners,clients, vendors and other third party providers (who have agreed to keep information secure andconfidential) have access to this information.
The Claridges Hotels & Resorts ensures that our supplier employs industry standard security measures to ensure the security of information through legally binding terms and conditions. However, users of our website “www.claridges.com” are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID, or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any The Claridges Hotels & Resorts websites. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure area of “interface Name” is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorised access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
Retention and Disposal
Your personal data will be retained in a form which enables The Claridges Hotels & Resorts to identify the individual for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected and used. Your personal data may be retained in certain files for a period of time as required by applicable law and followingThe Claridges Hotels & Resorts data retention policies in order to comply with such financial or legal requirements, to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us via the information above.We will respond to your request to access or delete your information within 30 days.
In addition, some types of information may be stored for an infinite duration due to technical constraints, and will be blocked from further processing for purposes which are not mandatory by law or when a consent is withdrawn. The information that you provide may be stored or transferred in our systems or on the systems provided by our third parties.
Privacy Contact Information
If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Statement or if you need to update, change or remove information, you can do so by contacting the Data Protection Officer or by regular mail addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may at any time, contact our Data Protection Officer directly with all questions and suggestions concerning data protection by e-mailing at email@example.com